Tuesday, May 2, 2017

I'll Put Up A Fight With Death. Adgy Mix #34

FINALLY NEW MUSIC.

Adgy Mix #34

Tracklisting (in no particular order):
Julia Kent - "Only Child", from the album Character
Greymachine - "Wolf At The Door", from the album Disconnected
Baby Zizanie - "Incinerama", from the compilation Domestic Landscapes
Amiina - "Bourreaux Silencieux", from the album Fantômas 
Warpaint - "Set Your Arms Down", from the album The Fool
Giles Corey - "Buried Above Ground", from the album Giles Corey
Mamaleek - "My Body Rock Long Fever", from the album Kurdaitcha
John Zorn - "Stalker Dub", from the album Nosferatu
Cowboy Junkies - "I Did It All For You", from the album Open
Peter Gabriel - "I Don't Remember", from the album Peter Gabriel III
Diamond Gloss - "Royal", from the album Primavera
Shigeru Umebayashi - "Carlos", from the soundtrack for A Single Man
Thought Forms - "The Bridge", from the album Songs About Drowning
Jocelyn Pook - "Hell, Fire And Damnation", from the album Untold Things
Minsk - "The Shore Of Transcendence", from the album With Echoes In The Movement Of Stone
Leonard Cohen - "You Want It Darker", from the album You Want It Darker

There you go. The first new mix in over 4 years. I have enough tracks picked out for another 9-10 of these right now and the plan is to put up one per week.

If you're seeing this for the first time, the idea here is to introduce people to new music. I used to do this on a semi-regular basis back in the days of LiveJournal, and I've kind of missed it ever since.

I generally try to stray from including well known bands in these, but I've decided to play a little looser with that than before. I would assume that artists like Leonard Cohen and Peter Gabriel are actually very well known, but maybe not for that particular song. Or maybe their just well known among the people I expect to look at something like this, but that doesn't mean my cousin knows who they are.

So I'm just going to kind of go with whatever I feel like. if I want to put Stairway To Heaven in a mix, then I will.

Anyway, if you give this or any of the previous mixes a shot, I hope you find something new to like.

No comments: