Friday, January 13, 2017

Sharing Is Caring. Adgy Mix #1

This mix was originally posted to LiveJournal on October 9th, 2006. Before I start rambling about what/why I'm here, let me post the thing you're here to see.

Adgy Mix #1

The tracklisting, in no particular order:
Coil - "Slur", from the album Horse RotorvatorSpiritualized - "Good Dope/Good Fun", from the album The Complete Works, Vol. 1
Bright Red Paper - "C Sharp Minor", from the album Bright Red Paper
DJ Krush & Toshinori Kondo - "Mu-Getsu" from the album Ki-Oku
PJ Harvey - "Naked Cousin", from the album The Peel Sessions

Cranes - "Dada 331", from the album EP Collection Volumes 1 & 2
Joseph Nothing - "Spiral Cloud", from the album Dreamland Idle Orchestra
Mono - "Lost Snow", from the album Walking Could And Deep Red Sky...
Big Black - "Tiny, King Of The Jews", from the album Songs About Fucking
The Birthday Party - "Sonny's Burning", from the album The John Peel Sessions
The cast of Happiness Of The Katakuris - "Look On The Bright Side", from the soundtrack to Happiness Of The Katakuris


A couple notes before the ramble:
- The original post of this mix included a Bill Hicks performance on David Letterman's show. Unfortunately, I have no idea which performance. On the original post, I said I had no idea which performance the track was from, so there's no way I'd know now. Hicks was on Letterman a dozen times or so.

- The version of PJ Harvey's "Naked Cousin" here is slightly different. On the original post I used an mp3 downloaded from the internet because there was no official release for PJ's performances on Peel. Shortly after my post there was an official release, though, and that's what's here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, now that that's done.

The Adgy Mixes were a bunch of mp3 compilations I put together for LiveJournal. I was downloading a lot of new music at the time and I thought I should share some of the really good shit that no one seemed to be listening to. So the idea was that these mixes would mainly be for artists that were not well known that I thought my friends might enjoy.

There ended up being 33 numbered mixes and a handful of themed mixes that were created for a specific music-sharing community on LJ.I'm going to re-post all of them here because a few LJ buddies on Facebook asked me to and because I love them. If you happen to be reading this and you don't know me or you weren't on LJ, that's ok, this shit is for everyone. Just know it's going to be a little while before we get to any new music.

And there will be new music. 

Ever since that Facebook conversation started up, I've been getting back into finding new music online (paying for a lot more of it now), listening to it on shuffle and making a list of tracks I think would be good for mixes. So once I've finished re-posting the 33+ old ones, there will be new ones. I've already got enough tracks for 8 or 9 mixes picked out. I'm going to try and move through these relatively quickly.

I've gone through and updated the tags for all of these tracks so you shouldn't have to do a whole lot with them if you import them into your media player. I've been going through all of my digital music lately and cleaning it up, updating the tags and making the folder structure a little more uniform. I have a lot of music, so it's a long process (I started in September and am still in the E's), but it makes the OCD in me feel a little better.

I'm also going to be posting these on Spotify, so if you're on there you can follow me and get them that way. Username is rfranklin15.

I hope everyone who downloads this finds something new to enjoy!

No comments: